Events at UNCG
Events, both internal and external facing, no longer need to be approved by the COVID leadership team. Events must adhere to the University’s COVID-19 standards.
UNCG COVID-19 Event Standards
- There is no limit to the number of participants at outdoor events.
- Indoor events are limited to the occupancy rating of the given space being used.
- Face coverings are to be worn indoors at all times.
- Face coverings are to be worn at outdoor events when 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained by event participants.
- If the event is indoors, the event speaker, presenter, and performer are to wear a face covering at all times.
- If the event is outdoors, the event speaker, presenter, and performer can remove their face covering if they are at least 6 feet away from others.
- Food is allowed at events.
- Event participants can remove their face covering when actively eating or drinking.
- Event organizers should employ as many protective measures as possible to prevent the spread of COVID when serving food:
- Offer grab and go food and beverages
- Make use of designated outdoor eating areas
- Require attendees maintain 6 feet of physical distance in the eating area
- Event organizers should have an RSVP or sign-in process at the event. This information may be used if contact tracing becomes necessary. RSVP or sign-in process should include:
- Individual’s name,
- UNCG affiliation,
- Email, and
- Phone number.