August 10, 2021
We look forward to seeing you on campus for the Fall 2021 semester. Our primary priority is to provide you with a safe and healthy environment in which to learn and live.
Given the recent increase in COVID-19 cases across our state, concerns about the impact of the Delta variant, and new guidance from the UNC System Office, UNCG will now require all students who are attending at least one class in-person to either submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or participate in periodic COVID-19 testing. Students living in UNCG residence halls are currently required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or participate in routine COVID-19 testing.
The frequency of testing will be determined based on a number of factors, including case counts on campus and in the larger community. Universities across the UNC system are adopting similar approaches as part of their strategies to provide safe, in-person learning during the pandemic. We are requiring the same of employees.
If you have already submitted proof of your COVID-19 vaccination, thank you for doing so. You do not need to submit your information again.
A few important points of information regarding this new policy:
Students Living On Campus
- Residential students who have not submitted proof of their COVID-19 vaccination will continue to receive information about participating in periodic, mandatory testing through Housing and Residence Life.
Student Living Off Campus
- Students taking at least one credit hour on campus can submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination on the Student Health Services website.
- Non-residential students who do not provide proof of vaccination will receive additional communication about periodic testing through the COVID-19 case management team.
- Every student who completes their COVID-19 vaccination and submits documentation will receive $50 in Flex on their Spartan card.
- Testing will begin the week of August 16. Students who have not submitted proof of their COVID-19 vaccination by this Friday, August 13, will be included on the initial list for testing. Students who submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination at a later date will be removed from the testing list as their information is submitted.
Getting vaccinated is the single most important thing you can do to protect yourself and others from the COVID-19 virus. Please visit the COVID-19 vaccine FAQ website if you have questions about the vaccine. To make an appointment to get your free vaccination, contact Student Health Services.
Again, we look forward to a safe and successful fall semester and thank you in advance for continuing to Shield Our Spartans.