Our mission to conduct impactful research, deliver a world-class education, and serve our community throughout this pandemic remains our top priority. Thanks to the diligence and compassion of our community, we have remained true to our mission while keeping our fellow Spartans safe.
With the rapid spread of the Omicron variant, the CDC has established new guidelines that UNCG will incorporate in our plans for the spring 2022 semester, which begins January 10th.
With these new guidelines and the lessons learned from previous semesters, in-person instruction with regular class capacity will continue to be our default teaching method, except for those classes already scheduled for online delivery, and all University services and operations will continue to be offered face-to-face.
Expectations for Spring Semester
We ask for your continued vigilance in adhering to safety measures and community health guidelines. These safety measures include:
- All individuals are required to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status, except when students are in their private residence hall rooms. Following CDC recommendations, we strongly encourage the use of surgical masks instead of cloth masks. Surgical masks will be made available at designated on-campus locations.
- All students living in residence halls must be tested before move-in, regardless of vaccination status. Residential students have received an email from Housing and Residence Life with testing details.
- Students, faculty, and staff must show proof of vaccination or comply with the mandatory testing program. Testing for faculty and staff will begin January 3rd, and January 10th for students.
- We request individuals self-report COVID-19 infections and exposures during winter break.
- If students test positive or experience COVID-19 symptoms during the spring semester, they will be required to self-report and isolate. During this time, students should not attend in-person classes or other public events. When this occurs, students should email faculty regarding their isolation status and request accommodations so they can continue to make progress in their classes.
- When possible, we strongly encourage virtual meetings and gatherings. Student clubs and organizations should consult with the current guidelines provided by Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) for additional guidance on events and activities.
Vaccinations and Boosters
If you have not yet been vaccinated or received your booster, we strongly encourage you to do so. Vaccination and a booster are the most effective tools available to protect against serious illness. If you have questions about the vaccines, boosters, or need help locating vaccination locations, visit the UNCG COVID Website.
Once you have received your vaccine, be sure to upload your information to the UNCG COVID-19 Vaccine Portal. Students can now upload their booster information in the Student Vaccine Portal.
Please continue to check your email and other University channels prior to returning to campus. We will share additional guidance based on CDC and public health guidelines as they are available.
We continue to be optimistic about the spring semester and look forward to seeing you in the coming week. Thank you again for everything you are doing to Shield Our Spartans.