December 16, 2021
We are fortunate to be able to continue to offer free testing for our students and employees. Please note that testing is for UNCG employees and students ONLY. We can not provide testing for family members at this time. Family members of our employees and others in the community should continue to seek other testing services and resources.
Watch for emails, mobile app push notifications, and updates to the COVID-19 Testing and Data page.
Where: Typically we try to utilize the EUC Dail Room but locations may change to make testing more accessible.
Who: The UNCG clinic is for individuals who:
1) Do not have COVID-19 symptoms (are asymptomatic); and
2) Have not been in close contact recently with someone who has tested positive.
If you have symptoms, please stay home and contact your health care provider to determine if you need to be tested.
Pre-register: In order to ensure the most efficient process, we strongly recommend you pre-register on Tuesday or Wednesday before arriving. You may be asked to step out of line to register if you have not done so in advance. Note: due to technical limitations, pre-registrations on Monday may not be accessible in the system by Wednesday; please pre-register beginning on Tuesday.
When asked if you will be at a testing site, please select “Yes”.
Additional important details:
- Participation is completely voluntary
- The testing is conducted by an outside vendor, StarMed
- A sample will be collected from the nose (nasal swab, not the deeper nasopharyngeal swab) and tested to see if the virus is present (i.e. if you have COVID-19)
- You will receive your results directly from StarMed
- You will be given the opportunity to sign a waiver that allows StarMed to report their results directly to the UNCG Case Management Team
- By law, StarMed must report all results to the public health department. Guilford County Public Health, in turn, will inform us if an employee or student tests positive.
- Information about what to do if you test positive will be provided on-site. Additional information is also available on our UNCG COVID-19 website. General information about COVID-19 testing is also available here.
- There is no cost for testing. StarMed will file with your insurance for reimbursement. Regardless of whether insurance pays or not, you will not have to pay anything
- As a reminder, test results tell you only whether you have the virus at the date and time you get tested, so students and employees are encouraged to take advantage of all opportunities to get tested.